1. A bride goes to the www.theknot.com.
2. The bride selects a template for the couple's wedding website that reflects their personality.
3. She fills out basic information such as name of the couple, wedding date, emails, etc.
4. Special and exclusive offers for new registrants appear in a POP-UP window–everything from honeymoon venues, wedding planners, florists and various wedding related services.
5. The bride uploads a cover photo and/or several other photos.
6. The bride adds a line of text to the top of the registry with a personal message. There are three pre-written choices, or the bride can write her own.
7. The bride can choose to automatically link with or create a new registry with one of the following stores via a pop-up window such as Scully & Scully, Michael C Fina, Gumps, Williams-Sonoma, BBB, Macy’s, Target, and others. Since Bridge is represents mainly independent stores, the Bridge retailers are not listed as an option. We'll come back to adding your store's name. That is part B below.
B. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU CAN DO:
Get your bride to add a link to the registry created on your website to her website on theKnot.com mentioned above. Here are the steps for her to do that:
1. Login to theKnot.com.
2. At the very top of the page, roll over "Registry" and from the drop down click on "Manage your registries."
3. This will take you/the bride to the page showing the bride's registries.
4. There is a button/link that says "ADD NEW REGISTRY." Click that.
5. This will open a window that shows "Create a New Registry", and a list of major retailers (Macy's, Target, etc.)
6. Below the major retailers logos, there is a section entitled "Add an Existing Registry." In this area, there is a link that says "Or add your registries manually." Click this.
7. A floating window will appear. The window is titled "Add A Registry Manually."
In this window, there are two fields that you can enter data into:
In the Registry Name field, enter "[store's name]"
e.g. "Elegante Gift Shop"
In the Registry URL, the bride will need to paste in the URL for her registry. To get the URL, follow these steps;
Open a new browser window.
- Visit her registry on your site.
- Click on the link "Share your registry with friends & family."
- In the floating window that appears, copy the her link (URL).
It often helps to have already sent her the URL.
Sadly, there is not a spot to add the independent store's logo.
Remind the bride that this is step 3 of the 5 steps in the registry incentive program, where the bride can get a $20-50 in-store gift card.
C. HOW TO HELP A BRIDE EDIT HER THEKNOT.COM REGISTRY
If the bride would like to edit the registry information that she listed above:
1. Go to your Registry page. (At the top of theknot.com, click on "Registry.")
2. On the page listing your Registries, scroll down and look on the left. Under "Menu", there are a few links. Click on "Display Settings."
3. Then choices will refresh to the right and show you choices with the title "Registry Display."
4. Next to the registry that you wish to edit, click on "EDIT."
This support document below is written with the end user bride in mind. This document below can be shared directly with the bride: